Nursing Career Advancement Program
The Nursing Career Advancement Program (NCAP) is an internationally developed essential career advancing study program for nurses. The program prepares nurses to transition from undergraduate level to postgraduate level, and enables them to upgrade their communication, knowledge, skills and competence in order to enhance their career prospects.
The program offers pathway to further study postgraduate nursing courses with Institute of Health and Management (IHM), Australia
- Course title : Nursing Career Advancement Program
- Course Code : NCAP + GCN (online)
NCAP (online) + GDN (on campus in Australia)
- Delivery mode : Blended (face to face and online)
- Entry Criteria : New/experienced Registered Nurses with Bachelor of Nursing
- Course duration : 18 weeks (540 hours)
- Certification : Issued by Institute of Health and Management Pty Ltd, Australia
- NCAP + Graduate Certificate in Nursing (online)
- NCAP + Graduate Diploma in Nursing (On campus in Australia)
- One-year study in Australia offers exposure to the Australian healthcare environment and lifestyle.
- Option to work part time in health care organizations while studying GDN. This will provide work experience in aged care sector.
- Improve English proficiency by undertaking additional OET training classes offered by IHM during weekends.
- Pathway into Master of Nursing program with Australian universities, option to study on campus or online after returning to home country.
- Option to gain required English score and complete bridging program to gain Australian registration to practice as nurse (Nursing board registration requirements to be met at the time of registration. Please refer to AHPRA website for more information).
Regardless of whether or not you wish to work overseas, the advanced knowledge and skills from the NCAP program will allow you to compete for employment in the most sought after hospitals and healthcare facilities in the country, and provide patient care that is in line with best practices in the world. You can extend the applicability of your nursing skills into new job markets to access better pay, more opportunities and enhanced career progression.
The course consists of four modules, as shown in the following diagram:
Module 1: English Language Proficiency Program for Nurses (ELPN): This module is aimed to improve the communication and soft skills of nurses. Also helps them to prepare for the OET examination.
Module 2: Evidence based nursing care: This module includes:
- Introducing evidence into nursing practice
- Concepts and challenges in patient care
- Mental health
- Nursing care of the older adult
- Leadership & Management in nursing
Module 3: Nursing Knowledge 1: This is a unit from post graduate nursing program. The unit is aimed to improve the knowledge and skills to post graduate level, this includes critical thinking skills, research skills etc.
Module 4 (optional): Specialty nursing unit: This module is to further improve the knowledge for nurses to work in specialty areas. Students have an option to select one specialization as part of the program.
Possible Job Outcomes
- Registered Nurse in overseas countries
- Registered Nurse in multi super specialty hospitals
Highlights of the course
- Monthly enrollments
- Flexible training pattern for working nurses
- Regular webinars
- Pathway into postgraduate nursing program
- Job placement assistance for successful candidates.