- Qualification : Graduate Certificate in Nursing (non-specialisation)
- Course Code : GCN
- Delivery mode : Face to Face
- Course duration :Full Time - 6 Months
- Accreditation : Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Registration : Completing this course may lead to a Nursing Registration in Australia. International students are advised to refer to the professional bodies in their home country whether this course can be recognised.
Graduate Certificate in Nursing (Non-Specialisation)
The Graduate Certificate in Nursing (Non-Specialisation), is a general qualification that aims to provide qualified nurses with educational opportunities specific to the advancing role of the registered nurse, thereby facilitating their professional growth and development, this course will also help you improve your analytical skills and ability to assess patients.
This Graduate Certificate in Nursing provides students with an entry path to the Graduate Diploma in Nursing then subsequently into a Master’s degree in Nursing in Australia.
Leadership positions such as:
- Associate Nurse Unit Manager
- Nurse Unit Manager OR
- Work in a Leadership Role
- Remain a Registered Nurse but receive increased pay while developing a portfolio of leadership and mentoring experience
Course Unit Details
Units of Study
- Phase 1
- GCNNK1 : Nursing Knowledge 1
- GCNNK2 : Nursing Knowledge 2
- GCNCP3 : Clinical Project
- GCNRN4 : Research in Nursing
Exit with Graduate Certificate in Nursing
What do you need to know about this course?
What is the aim of this course?
- The aims of the course are to:
- Provide qualified nurses with educational opportunities specific to the advancing role of the registered nurse, thereby facilitating their professional growth and development;
- Build upon undergraduate education and previous experience by providing expansion of knowledge, an increased perception in complex relationships affecting nursing;
- Increase analytical ability and skills when assessing the health needs of patients;
- Develop further knowledge and skills in research and evidence-based practice in nursing;
- Develop further skills to investigate, challenge and improve current practice in nursing and;
- Enhance students’ acceptance of responsibility and initiative for defining and attaining the knowledge required for expertise in the practice setting.
Delivery Mode & Course Duration?
- This course is delivered Online* and Face to Face.
- Full Time - 6 Months
*Our Online courses are delivered from Australia.
What is included in this course?
You will be given the following learning materials:
- An interactive eLearning platform
- Interactive multimedia learning activities
- Discussion forums and chat rooms
- Video and multimedia content
- Links to key online resources
- Access to thousands of peer reviewed journal articles
- Access to books and eBooks through the online library
- Graduate Nurses who have completed the Bachelor of Nursing and are registered with AHPRA and overseas Nurses with a Bachelor of Nursing or a Diploma of Nursing of 3 years duration and registered with the Nursing board in their country of origin.
- IELTS level of at least 6.5 with all bands no less than 6.
- Pass a short academic essay in the English language on a topic provided by IHM.
Pathways and RPLs
This course is an entry to the Graduate Diploma in Nursing, then subsequently into a Master’s degree in Nursing in Australia.
Note that late enrolment is not recommended for students who wish to apply for advanced standing through credit transfer or recognition of prior learning (RPL).
Third party Service Providers:
The Graduate Certificate in Nursing (non-specialisation) is now available for nurses in India through a collaboration between the Institute of Health and Management Australia and IHM India.
The role of our third party service providers:
- Marketing activities using material approved by IHM and assistance for prospective students in practical aspects of submitting applications for admission to IHM.
- Provision of access to facilities, technical support and practical assistance to support participation in online study for students in specific locations where third party organisations operate.
Other courses you may be interested in
How to enrol?
There are three ways which applicants can submit their initial application:
You can enrol online www.ihm.edu.au
Send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will revert at once.
You can mail your completed application form and the required documents to our
Head Office and Online Learning:
Centre Level 1, 76 - 80 Turnham Avenue, Rosanna, Victoria 3084
Campus: Level 7, 33 Argyle Street, Parramatta, NSW, 2150
For Further Information
All information contained in this publication including the availability of courses and fees is correct as of December 2015. For the latest course information, please refer to the relevant course section in IHM website. However, the Institute reserves the right to alter any course, procedure or fee. Students should check with IHM for any amendment prior to enrolment.