- Course Code : GDN
- Award Titles : Graduate Diploma in Nursing
- AQF Level : 8
- Accreditation : TEQSA
- Course Delivery : Online, On campus
- Campus : Sydney, Perth and Melbourne CBD
- Duration : 1 Year Full Time || 2 Years Part Time
- Nested Course : Graduate Certificate in Nursing
Advanced nursing practice is directed towards a high degree of expertise as a nurse with greater levels of responsibility and leadership in provision of responsive nursing care for individuals and families in general and specialised care. It includes increased understanding of the value of research and evidence-based practice. Further, the course is guided by the belief that postgraduate education builds upon undergraduate education and previous clinical experience. Therefore the course provides an environment conducive to critical inquiry, testing of ideas and generation and expansion of knowledge. This includes the development of leadership capability and increased awareness of research skills.
Benefits to Nurses :
- This program offers a pathway for Registered Nurses with Diploma of Nursing qualification to gain a Postgraduate qualification
- IELTS requirement of overall 6.5 only; nurses who do not meet this criterion can write an essay for admission
- Now offered completely online; continue working while you study
- Global recognition; accredited to TEQSA and accepted in most of the countries worldwide especially in the UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand etc.
- On successful completion of GDN, nurses can undertake a Master of Nursing with up to one year credit
- GDN degree holders can choose to become nurse educators, coordinators, managers and achieve other senior positions
Benefits of Online Study :
Online students may attend lectures and tutorials any where, any time to fit in around their working schedule and rosters:
- Miss a lecture - catch-up 24/7 online with resources and support available also 24/7
- Lectures, tutorials and resources all available on PC, mobile and tablet
- Students may visit any Health Careers Training Centre (Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Philippines, Kochi, Dubai and three centres in Mumbai) and access support, join a lecture online or participate in a one-on-one support session
Units of Study
Nested Course Structure
Students may choose to exit midway through the course, in which case they may graduate with a Graduate Certificate in Nursing, consisting of four units of study over one study period full time or, for non CRICOS students, two study periods part time.
Students who have already completed a Graduate Certificate in Nursing may be eligible for advanced standing, subject to credit transfer and recognition of prior learning procedures.
Enquiries and Applications
Call 1800 763 757 (Toll Free) or Click here.
- Student support is available at our campuses:
Students can enter postgraduate courses provided that they are registered nurses, either in Australia or another country, and are able to demonstrate that they have the ability to successfully complete the course they intend to enter. English language proficiency is key to demonstrating this and can be demonstrated either through the writing of a short essay or by supplying evidence of formal English language testing credentials.
- Be a Registered Nurse in Australia or country of origin.
- Work experience of one year required, preferably in the chosen area of nursing specialisation.
Applications will be accessed on a case by case basis by course coordinator in accordance with the Student Selection and Admission Policy and Procedures for Course delivered to Overseas Students. Candidates with lower scores encouraged to apply.
For On-campus students : AUD $20,000
Payment plans available.
Books, equipment and other materials are required to undertake the program and their cost is not included in the tuition fee.Fees Charges and Refunds Policy and Procedure
Course Start Dates
Face to face Delivery
DOWNLOAD COURSE BROCHURE
Enter your details below to receive a free course guide and a consultation with an Education Advisor.