- Course Code : GDN
- Award Titles : Graduate Diploma in Nursing
- AQF Level : 8
- Accreditation : TEQSA
- Duration : 1 Year Full Time
- Course Delivery : On Campus, Online
- Campus :Sydney, Perth and Melbourne CBD
- Availability : Available to overseas (CRICOS)* applicants
- CRICOS Course Code : 086271K
- Nested Course : Graduate Certificate in Nursing
Advanced nursing practice is directed towards a high degree of expertise as a nurse with greater levels of responsibilities, leadership in leading and providing responsive nursing care for individuals and families in general and specialised care, and increased understanding of the value of research and evidence-based practice. Further, the course is guided by the belief that postgraduate education builds upon undergraduate education and previous clinical experience, and therefore the education process of the course is committed to provide an environment of critical inquiry, testing of ideas, generation and expansion of knowledge including the development of leadership capability and increased awareness of research skills. The course has been designed to reflect these beliefs.
Benefits to Nurses :
- This program offers a pathway for Registered Nurses with Diploma of Nursing qualification to gain a Postgraduate qualification
- IELTS requirement of overall 6.5 only (For the online program, nurses who do not meet this criterion can write an essay for admission)
- Now offered online and on campus
- Recognised by AHPRA to undertake bridging program for Registered Nurses; leading to registration in Australia
- Global recognition; accredited to TEQSA and accepted in most of the countries worldwide especially in the UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand etc.
- On successful completion of GDN, nurses can undertake a Master of Nursing with up to one year credit
- GDN degree holders can choose to become nurse educators, coordinators, managers and achieve other senior positions
Units of Study
Nested Course Structure
Students may choose to exit midway through the course, in which case they may graduate with a Graduate Certificate in Nursing, consisting of four units of study over one study period full time or, for non CRICOS students, two study periods part time.
Students who have already completed a Graduate Certificate in Nursing may be eligible for advanced standing, subject to credit transfer and recognition of prior learning procedures.
Enquiries and Applications
Call 1800 763 757 (Toll Free) or Click here.
- Student support is available at our campuses:
Students can enter postgraduate courses provided that they are registered nurses, either in Australia or another country, and are able to demonstrate that they have the ability to successfully complete the course they intend to enter. Minimum IELTS score of overall 6.5 or equivalent is mandatory. (For the online program, students who do not have the required IELTS scores or their equivalent can write a short essay, which should be deemed satisfactory in order to gain admission).
- Be a Registered Nurse in Australia or country of origin.
- Work experience of one year required, preferably in the chosen area of nursing specialisation.
Applications will be accessed on a case by case basis by course coordinator in accordance with the Student Selection and Admission Policy and Procedures for Course delivered to Overseas Students. Candidates with lower scores encouraged to apply.
Is your IELTS score less than 6.5?
Join our English program - General English (GE) & English for Academic Purposes (EAP) with Health Careers Language Academy (HCLA) and continue onto your study program
Our English programs are designed for students that intend to complete further studies in an English speaking vocational or higher education setting.
Graduate Diploma in Nursing
Duration: 1 year
Third party service providers overseas
The following organizations work with Institute of Health and Management to provide the following:
- Student marketing, recruitment and admissions
- Provision of student support services
For On-campus students : AUD $20,000
Payment plans available.
Books, equipment and other materials are required to undertake the program and their cost is not included in the tuition fee.Fees Charges and Refunds Policy and Procedure
Course Start Dates
Face to face Delivery
|Campus : Sydney (Parramatta) | Perth | Melbourne CBD|
For Online Students :
For On-Campus Students :
DOWNLOAD COURSE BROCHURE
Enter your details below to receive a free course guide and a consultation with an Education Advisor.