- Award Titles : English for Academic Purposes
- Course Delivery : On campus
- Campus : Sydney, Perth and Melbourne CBD
- Duration : 28 weeks
This course is designed to help students who intend to complete further studies in vocational or higher education courses.
WHY STUDY ENGLISH FOR ACADEMIC PURPOSES?
Our English for Academic Purposes (EAP) is designed for students intending to complete further Vocational or Higher Education (university) level studies, especially in the healthcare professions.
Offered as part of our ELICOS program; there are two levels of this course including :
- English for Academic Purposes 1 (EAP1)
- English for Academic Purposes 2 (EAP2)
English for Academic Purposes (EAP) is designed for students intending to complete further Vocational or Higher Education (university) level studies, especially in the healthcare professions. However, this course is also suitable for students intending to complete further study in other fields.
Key academic skills learnt in the program are relevant and applicable to many areas of study such as business, the arts and humanities, I.T and marketing for example. Student progression through successive levels will prepare them for higher and more challenging levels of study. This course will help students with :
- Open pathways to further study in English
- Learn and master formal academic writing skills in English
- Allow students to participate in university-like group projects
- Learn to properly reference texts in academic writing and avoid plagiarism
- Teach important study and time-management skills essential for success in further study
- Prepare and practice to participate in formal public speaking in English
- Familiarise students with Australian classroom setting and learning environment
Benefits of the course
- Regular Assessment
- Small Class Sizes
- Level Classes
- Dedicated Course Co-ordinator
- Academic Study Skills
- Access to Online Resources
- Flexible Study
- Prepare for study in a university-type environment
- Suitable for Student Visa Holders
- Pathways to Further Study
Enquiries and Applications
Call 1800 763 757 (Toll Free) or Click here.
- Student support is available at our campuses:
Students should be at General English (Upper-Intermediate) level or above to join the EAP 1 course.
Successful completion of EAP 1 (or equivalent) is required for entry to EAP 2.
Students who join this program will need to demonstrate their current English proficiency through the provision of test results (IELTS, PTE, TOEFL IBT, OET) at time of application and/or be asked to complete an internal placement test.
Students studying in Australia on a student visa must meet all attendance requirements (minimum 80% attendance). If a student is ill and unable to attend class, they must get a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner and provide this to their class teacher. Attendance is monitored by the college and students receive warning letters if their attendance is at risk of dropping.
Structure of the course
English for Academic Purposes classes are offered at 2 English levels (EAP1 and EAP2) for students who require a higher level of English proficiency for further studies or Higher Education. Classes are structured around a 12-week academic calendar. Students spend on average approximately 12 weeks at each level before progressing to the next level. To ensure their success, students need to be proactive and engaged learners, complete assigned homework and assignments, work closely with their class teacher and attend classes on a regular basis (see attendance requirements).